Mrpelletburner Posted By Mrpelletburner, Nov 7, 2018 at 3:31 PM

1. Mrpelletburner

Mrpelletburner
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 20, 2011
    Loc:
    Mass
    So today, since it was nice out, seemed like it was the perfect time to run the SootEater down my SS liner. Now I didn't just give it a quick up/down cleaning, I took my time. Then I decided to connect my phone to the rods and send it down the SS liner, see what type of job the SootEater did. Only wish I had taken video before cleaning as it doesn't look like I made a dent. Just about every time I have used the stove, I have added the creosol breakdown powder you add to the hot coals.

I will warn you, it's not pretty and I think I am going to need a 6" brush to really attack the liner.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mrpelletburner

Mrpelletburner
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 20, 2011
    Loc:
    Mass
    Some photos...

IMG_0422.jpg

The cap with 18” extension

IMG_0418.jpg IMG_0424.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ED 3000

ED 3000
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 23, 2015
    Loc:
    Southeast PA
    I'm no expert, but looks like a lot of creosote. I'd try to do better with a 6' nylon brush, and the sooteater. And try to burn the fire a little hotter going forward.

Mrpelletburner likes this.
  4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2013
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Aye aye aye...I've seen worse...but that ain't good by any means. I honestly thought it would look even worse than it does considering all the issues you had with puff the magic furnace.
    You could try a nylon brush, but I bet there's not much you are gonna be able to do with this other than run it...try to "dry it out"...maybe use some of that creosote eliminator stuff...although it doesn't actually eliminate it, it does dry it out into something that can be cleaned off. Over time it may flake off as you do cold start fires...as the liner expands when its heating up, sometimes you can hear creosote flaking off from the movement.