Decisions...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
Hello....first let me say I am new here and considering a BK Princess or a Ideal Steel Hybrid stove to heat my 1800sq ft. double wide home. It was a eye opener to see how far wood stoves had advanced! I have burned wood my entire life using everything from plate stoves to a Wood Master boiler. The boiler served me well for 25 years but finally gave it up this past year. I do not want to play the boiler game again so here I am. I am looking for a SOLID 12-14 hr burn time as we both work.The Princess will achieve this. 40 hr burn times mean nothing to me really as I am looking for day to day consistency.The Ideal Steel stove real world burn times? Do you have to wait till the fire burns completely down in both models before you add wood? What are the chimney height requirements for both?I have access to unlimited amounts of Oak,Ash and Hickory so wood quality will not be a issue. In fact I have approx. 30 rick of seasoned oak and ash waiting to be burned.Thanks in advance! Rick

You can't go wrong with either. That being said I have an ideal steel.

I like the look of the Chinook 30 from the BK line.

With either stove dry wood is a necessity. Looks like you have that covered.

I own a blaze king ashford live in Wisconsin and work 11 hour shifts. Even when it's very cold I have never come home to a stove that wasn't putting out good usable heat. My wife works from home but is scared to load the stove, she never has to touch it. Ashford and princess will be very similar in burn time. I have no experience with the IS.

Status
Not open for further replies.