Deep Cleaning a Vogelzang

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MiMod

Oct 22, 2019
272727@1Billy
Saw a Video from US Stove featuring how to deep clean this stove. Showed taking the Exhaust blower off & Cleaning that area. I think it mentioned removing the Fresh air intake blower too.... Does anybody do that too ?

Yes it gets full of dust, pet hair and just about anything you can think of
Pull it clean it, lubricate if it calls for it.

You mean the room blower? I have removed the blower itself and cleaned it but never cleaned the room air path. Probably a good idea for summer. But I’ve never had animals so it shouldn’t be too bad.

Thank you guys for your replies. I did sorta do a deep clean, only removing the exhaust blower. It needed it & helped. I was surprised & disappointed that I could not get my 3" brush to go through the exhaust port to the outside part of the exhaust system. The adapter that hooks the unit to the exhaust pipe is not round & has screw tips sticking into it. So live & learn, I'll either have to pull the unit forward & disconnect it from the exhaust to clean this area or figure out some easier way from the outside to pull the T off so I can get a brush in there. I've been looking at the Leaf blower Idea & Probably will have to buy a different one that I have as the one I have ( Toro) isn't configured to allow the rubber boot adapter mount to it. Any suggestions on a brand of electric leaf blower that will work ?

Yes that exhaust is a finicky area. I remove the exhaust blower then use my old long flexible dryer lint brush and it fits in there . It also fits into the heat exchanger passages.

Google “leaf blower trick” works great