Deep Snow White-out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Well, about a foot and still counting in the Pioneer Valley (also known as Happy Valley and Paradise!)...

tough for a little dog to pee when the snow is taller than her....so the webmasters better 1/2 is shoveling out a place for her!

Attachments

• whiteout1.jpg
    whiteout1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 487
  • whiteout2.jpg
    whiteout2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 486
  • whiteout3.jpg
    whiteout3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 509
We got almost nothing on the coast. Bummer. I bet they'll be good skiing in the Berkshires this weekend.

I was out plowing when it changed over to rain for about 20 minutes 20 minutes later the most intense snow and wind combination
I have ever been out in. Just could not see, complete whiteout, I have never experienced any snow situation, this intense. I stopped plowing and headed home. After the rain and the past small storms there was ice underneath. Absolutely some of the worse conditions I ever have experienced Can't see sliding everywhere Even in 4X4 drive 4/5'" one minute 3 hours later 15" Thunder lighting, man was that intense, Wind gust ot 50/60 mph. Almost no warning all of a sudden it happened

Meanwhile, on the coast, they closed all the schools in anticipation of a snowstorm... and it didn't snow. Not a flake. But, we did get about 45 minutes of heavy wind, which measured 45-50 knots at the house, and knocked over 4 large (12') bushes and 1 cedar tree on my property. Oh, and it loosened a Linden tree so much that I'll be cutting it down this spring, its now on a 30 degree angle from vertical. Should get me about a cord or so. :)

- Mike

About 2.5" here in central Ohio. It snowed like mad and then just quit.

A far, far cry from the "white death" of the predicted 4"-6" with freezing rain.

Many of the schools around here called off the night before, only to awaken to completely clear roads. Burning up snow days early is bad business come June.

The meteorologists really screwed the pooch on this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.