Deer are treated like family video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's a deer at my table, it's on the plate...not eating from it.;)

Reactions: Freeheat and USMC80
Better keep them limited to two drinks, and keep the sharp knives out of reach.

I thought everything was bigger in Texas? Them're some of the smallest deer I've ever seen!

I think those are muleys. They don't get much bigger than a dog. Either that or they are young. Dang long legged rabbits, anyways.

I think those are muleys. They don't get much bigger than a dog. Either that or they are young. Dang long legged rabbits, anyways.

Only the sitka muleys are small. Odocoileus hemionus is larger on average than odocoileus virginianus.

Reactions: PapaDave
dasher, dancer,prancer,vixen,comet,cupid,donner,blitzen...and stan?

Reactions: PapaDave and charly
I didn't realize the hemionus ranged from 120-330 pounds.

Geez... that's tiny! Around here, 250 lb. is pretty common for a buck, and I've taken doe close to 200 lb. The largest bucks around here top 300 lb.

Video is an oldie but goodie.

Video is an oldie but goodie.
Yes , I had watched it a while ago... Went to my pond tonight to sit and relax with my dogs and Maribeth,, soon as we pull up with the four wheeler, there's a nice buck with a good size even rack looking at us.. we stopped watched him and then he walked off into my woods, same woods I was cutting in today.. Certainly doesn't scare them away..

I hunt deer in Texas. Pretty small. Ya have to scope'em first to make sure they don't have a collar and tags.

Reactions: Ashful and charly
I was checking for the same in that video. Dog-sized deer! Go figure...

Down south the whitetails are like poodle size.

That's why all them slow talkin southern folk do hunting leases up here. The deer are grain fed and a 200 lb buck is small.

I hunt deer in Texas. Pretty small. Ya have to scope'em first to make sure they don't have a collar and tags.

While driving through Texas several years back (January) we came across a dead buck. I could hardly believe it so I stopped and hacked off the antlers. Super small. An 8 point buck but very little antler. We kept it for a souvenir.

And probably started years of rumors about aliens.

grinch+with+dog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.