Dell Point Europa Feed Motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MNelson

Dec 27, 2018
Scobey, Montana
So the Europa 75 is still giving me issues.
two years ago I replaced the feed auger motor. It ran like a champ until about a week ago when the stove shut off in the middle of a negative 30 night.
I pulled the motor and did a bench test. It smoked and sputtered, so it’s fried.
I ordered a generic replacement since original motors are non existent. I tested the new motor on the bench and it turned fine.
I installed it, hit the manual prime button and it won’t turn. I ran the leads that hook to the feed auger to the ash auger and on the manual prime setting it won’t turn either.
is there something I’m missing? I replaced both 500ma fuses on the board, which lights up fine, but still there’s no power to the feed auger. Ideas??

From your description, it sounds like the control is not sending voltage to the motor. When the original motor died, it may have taken out the driver on the control board. If you have a meter, check for voltage going to the motor. That would tell you for sure.

Reactions: MNelson
Can you pot a picture of both sides of your board?

Attachments

• 20CE4AB6-5DB3-4BD6-B493-315A9B7DABD9.jpeg
    20CE4AB6-5DB3-4BD6-B493-315A9B7DABD9.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 147
I don’t see any traces jumping out as burned and the board is using a prom chip that controls IC timers and relays. Could be any of a doz. items that let the magic smoke out. I would lean towards a relay that burned but without having it on the bench it’s hard to say. Is there any electronics repair shops nearby?

I don’t see any traces jumping out as burned and the board is using a prom chip that controls IC timers and relays. Could be any of a doz. items that let the magic smoke out. I would lean towards a relay that burned but without having it on the bench it’s hard to say. Is there any electronics repair shops nearby?
No sir.
I live in a town of less than 1100 people and the nearest large population center is 130 miles away in North Dakota.

Ok let me see if i can find a schematic for it. I’ll give you a pm

Reactions: MNelson
So the Europa 75 is still giving me issues.
two years ago I replaced the feed auger motor. It ran like a champ until about a week ago when the stove shut off in the middle of a negative 30 night.
I pulled the motor and did a bench test. It smoked and sputtered, so it’s fried.
I ordered a generic replacement since original motors are non existent. I tested the new motor on the bench and it turned fine.
I installed it, hit the manual prime button and it won’t turn. I ran the leads that hook to the feed auger to the ash auger and on the manual prime setting it won’t turn either.
is there something I’m missing? I replaced both 500ma fuses on the board, which lights up fine, but still there’s no power to the feed auger. Ideas??
I know you wrote this many years ago and don't know if you're even on this forum. I have a DellPoint I'm trying to get running. I think the Augr motor is shot. I see an original manufacturer's number on it,

Merkle Korff industries
12 vdc J4
T50 26-71-55-GM

But assume they long ago stopped making this auger motor. What generic motor did you get?