Demo days at TSC...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glacialhills

Jun 5, 2008
S.W. Michigan
Tractor supply is having demo days this sat. and sun. here in Michigan (maybe all over?)fun to play with the saws and power equipment. Went ahead and got a 22 ton splitter. 100 bucks off and got em to subtract sales tax on demo splitter plus full tank of gas and hydro and engine oil out the door for 999.00. Heck the splitter only had a dozen or so logs done on it today,so I am pleased with another 60 taken off. It'll be nice to take it right back where I am cutting and get er done all in one fell swoop. Plus not have to be so surgeon-like finding just the right spot like I did with the little 5 ton task force electric. Though, for the close out price I got the task force for, it has been a good splitter. I have done prolly 6 cords this summer with it including 20+ inch oak,maple,cheery and elm. some of the red oak were probably more like 25". only ran into 2-3 knotty ones that refused to split with it.

You will like that log splitter. Got one this spring and I threw at it everything I could to cause it to stall. Have not been able to do it as of yet. Caused it to cry a few times but thats it. And I split about ten cords with it this summer.

Well it sounds like the worm has turned for Glacialhills...good luck with the last splitter you'll ever own. Consider it part of your estate.

If you bought the Huskee and would like a table to put on your splitter, there is a guy on ebay that makes them. I got one and it makes splitting so much easier not having to bend over and pick stuff up. Let me know and I can get you a link for it.

Shipper

Shipper50 said:
If you bought the Huskee and would like a table to put on your splitter, there is a guy on ebay that makes them. I got one and it makes splitting so much easier not having to bend over and pick stuff up. Let me know and I can get you a link for it.

Shipper

Put the link up Shipper, I would like to see it.

Me too :exclaim:

http://cgi.ebay.com/24x-CRADLE-FIREWOOD-LOG-SPLITTER-TABLE-BACK-SAVER_W0QQitemZ270277989009QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270277989009&_trkparms=72:1205|39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

Here you go. I like it since you can take it off without tools and use your splitter upright.

Shipper

Thanks a bunch shipper, I will check it out. Just used the new splitter to split the big knotty rounds I had stocked up that the little task force just couldn't do. Even a super knotty piece of 25+" oak was no match. slowed it down some but it powered right through the knots...awesome.

I was at TSC Demo day today also and they had a Petite blonde 112lb unit....... I MEAN Husky 22 ton unit being demoed!!!!! The young blonde running the splitter was probably 112 soaking wet and was throwing 14" rounds on like they were nuthin! I was impressed,,,,,, with the splitter and the blonde!!!!

Did you take home the blonde and splitter? :)

Sorry, that was bad. Maybe my wife is right about my mind being in the gutter most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.