Dick Van Dykes stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

john26

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Wildwood MO
I was watching The Dick Van Dyke show the other night and couldn't help but wonder what kind of stove they had. I cant remember any scenes wher they "used" it but it was alwyas in the background. My guess is its a Jotul. 0deaa60c6f90abddfb7ced37d1b156cf.jpgbprsic2yj8901.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 395
A New Rochelle Dragon maybe? I give up.

If its a Jotul it’s a model that wasn’t sold in the states. I don’t recognize it.

Looks like a metal box but isnt that what most stoves were back then?

I googled it and found this on Facebook

Maybe it's a fireplace? I remember some odd fireplace type things in the early 80s, left over from the 70s.

Thanks Mystery solved looks like a Danish Tasso By Hoff
The Hoff & Windinge has one too many legs.

Late reply, my friend found this thread looking for info on my old stoves, but in the video, that is 100% a Jotul NR.2! That also explains why the only ones in the US are located in southern California, not far from Culver Studios where the The Dick Van Dyke Show.

20220605_085307.jpg