Did some cutting today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2broke2ride

Burning Hunk
Dec 23, 2014
Townsend MA
248528ea108fb5aa215972f80309463d.jpg24ddb9fdcad4b9ebedddf3d38b7dd8a5.jpg
Well, we cut some today....... Put 8 white oaks on the ground from around the house, one of them was bad and probably took 10 years off my life. It was leaning over the house plus all the limbs where on the house side, it was a little touch and go defying gravity on that one but we got it with me, my wife, and my neighbor on the rope and my father on the saw and felling wedges. I wish I took more pictures. A little video of the bad one
.32209e73b1392740e83c3d8f70568998.jpg

One more pic, me and the old man getting to buckinga4a66fae09fec81fb8c5518518d8a3a5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: edge-of-the-woods
That took some balls! Three people pulling is like a light breeze. No car or truck to do the pulling?

Reactions: 2broke2ride
That took some balls! Three people pulling is like a light breeze. No car or truck to do the pulling?
This was my first time (first time homeowner) but my dad has 40+ years experience so I was following his lead. The rope was tied off to another tree. If I was to do it again I would use a come-along or something to get more pull out of it. I think he did more with the wedges than we did on the rope. Thankfully I don't have anymore trees near the house now, at least not any that I would attempt to take down.

Reactions: STIHLY DAN
oh yea those are fun! I have circled a few of those for half an hour before getting to cutting. Glad it all worked out for you.

Reactions: 2broke2ride
Status
Not open for further replies.