difference between Napoleon and Continental stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rsplodge

Apr 28, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Hello: I'm researching a Continental CDVS280 stove and it looks identical to a Napoleon Haliburton GDS28 except maybe with a reduced warranty. Does anyone know the difference between Continental and Napoleon. Did Napoleon just create a "budget" line that are the same products but just re-labeled and given a 5 year instead of a lifetime warranty? Any opinions on the quality/reliability of these stoves? Thanks, ..Roger

Hello: I'm researching a Continental CDVS280 stove and it looks identical to a Napoleon Haliburton GDS28 except maybe with a reduced warranty. Does anyone know the difference between Continental and Napoleon. Did Napoleon just create a "budget" line that are the same products but just re-labeled and given a 5 year instead of a lifetime warranty? Any opinions on the quality/reliability of these stoves? Thanks, ..Roger
I have had a continental for 20 years and the gas valve needs replacing now.Trying to decide whether I will fix it or buy anew one.And I never had it serviced.20 years without a problem is about as good as it gets.