Dontilgon Posted By Dontilgon, Nov 15, 2017 at 8:47 AM

1. Dontilgon

Dontilgon
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 10, 2017
    Loc:
    New York
    I have the option of installing an older model which is in a bit better condition then the Accentra 2. Was wondering if there were any upgrades to the 2 model. Cant seem to find any in a search.

2. Dontilgon

Dontilgon
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 10, 2017
    Loc:
    New York
    looking at the manual it maybe just how the pellets feed

3. Tim_M

Tim_M
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 28, 2010
    Loc:
    Halifax, NS
    Is the auger on the Accentra 1 chain-driven, and the 2 direct-drive? My Accentra insert is a 2006 model and doesn’t have a chain but I think some do. I’m not sure if one design is better than the other.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    accentra 2's have a redesigned feeder box tube system,Some 1 series had some burn back into the auger problems,but is an easy fix.Do not think newer one puts out anymore heat,just a better design.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dozerdean

dozerdean
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 8, 2014
    Loc:
    North central mo
    I think my accentra is 07-08 it's chain drive.Great stove puts out good heat!!

6. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Yep,got thinking about this,mine is a 2,but chain drive,I really do not know what the differences are,if any,later 2's had direct drive.Maybe the 2 was just marketing?