Differences between Accentra 1 and 2 Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dontilgon

Nov 10, 2017
New York
I have the option of installing an older model which is in a bit better condition then the Accentra 2. Was wondering if there were any upgrades to the 2 model. Cant seem to find any in a search.

Is the auger on the Accentra 1 chain-driven, and the 2 direct-drive? My Accentra insert is a 2006 model and doesn’t have a chain but I think some do. I’m not sure if one design is better than the other.

accentra 2's have a redesigned feeder box tube system,Some 1 series had some burn back into the auger problems,but is an easy fix.Do not think newer one puts out anymore heat,just a better design.

I think my accentra is 07-08 it's chain drive.Great stove puts out good heat!!
Yep,got thinking about this,mine is a 2,but chain drive,I really do not know what the differences are,if any,later 2's had direct drive.Maybe the 2 was just marketing?