Direct Vent Decisions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sirraf511

Jan 26, 2014
KY
We are in the process of building a new home and will be installing a direct vent fireplace in the living room. The fireplace will mainly be used for viewing and emergency/supplement heat. We are looking at the Heat & Glo 6000CLX, FPX 564 high output, and the FPX 864 high output. Both of the FPX with Ember-Fyre. We looked at all three today and it's a tough decision between them. The H&G and 864 are similar in price while the 564 is cheaper. Does anyone have any input on the three mentioned? Or another that we have not seen/considered? We also liked the Mendota FV41 but it was out of our price range. Thanks for any information.

i have alot of experience dealing with the options you mentioned .The 864 and 6000 are both great choices while the 564 is a lower price point,its also a more of a entry level unit in that series of fireplaces.I have a travis industries product installed in my bedroom and it has never give me a bit of trouble.I have serviced and installed both of these product lines for many years and i think either one you choose will serve you well.Good luck and remember a quality installation is just as important as the choice you make.

i have alot of experience dealing with the options you mentioned .The 864 and 6000 are both great choices while the 564 is a lower price point,its also a more of a entry level unit in that series of fireplaces.I have a travis industries product installed in my bedroom and it has never give me a bit of trouble.I have serviced and installed both of these product lines for many years and i think either one you choose will serve you well.Good luck and remember a quality installation is just as important as the choice you make.
Thanks for the input. Yeah, we kinda liked the 6000 and 864 better. We will definitely have the dealer install it. I just assume they would be a better choice than my builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.