Direct vent fireplace with birch logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fluepowder7

Aug 31, 2014
Midwest
Hi everyone.
Please forgive my cluelessness as I don't have much knowledge about the world of gas fireplaces. We just today decided to get a gas fireplace for our new build upon concluding that high efficiency wood burning isn't in our budget.

I would like to find a clean-faced, traditional-sized, zero-clearance unit with birch logs. I have seen many fireplaces that will work (Town and Country, Monessen, Regency) but none offer the birch logs. Is that the sort of thing one can purchase a la carte, or do log sets need to be purchased in tandem with the fireplace?

Thanks so much!

Hi, thanks! So those can be used with any gas fireplace, then?

ABSOLUTELY NOT. They are designed & TESTED to be used with Peterson or Empire gas log burners. Those burners are decorative appliances & not heater-rated appliances. Whatever logs come with your fireplace, are the only ones you can operate that appliance with.

ah I didn't realize it was burning for heat...yeah those things will cook in your heating fireplace...you'll have to stick with the ugly ones that came with the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.