Direct vent wall heater question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cabinrules

Sep 5, 2021
Colorado
I have an offgrid cabin at 8k feet in Colorado. We have internet there but no heat source in the winter until we arrive and light the fires. I want to have something that will allow me to start the heating process in the winter time prior to arrival as it usually colder inside the cabin than out.

I am looking at a williams propane wall heater connected to a wifi enabled thermostat. That way when I leave my home and drive for 5 hours to get there it will be at least 50degree inside. I think this system will work. Can anyone confirm that this type of a setup will be able to remotely activate after the pilot light is lit?