Direct Venting Compatability

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

turbotom1052

Jan 14, 2015
vermont
Ive recently posted on this sub forum regarding my new to me Hearthstone Sterling 8532 LPG stove. I purchased it last year used, along with a few sections of Simpson Dura vent 4" x 6" inch direct vent pipe. The previous owners had it set up with a 24" section of vertical run, top exit pipe to a 45, and then on to another 24" horizontal run and then terminating through an exterior wall and out of their home based on my best guess and how the pipe sections were arranged. What I want to do is to run straight up and through my cathedral ceiling and roof for a rooftop termination. My question is this.... In order to do this I will a need a telescoping section of straight pipe to cover a gap of between 24 to 27" depending on how far into my house the cathedral ceiling box comes in below ceiling height. Will the older Simpson black duravent pipe lock into the new duravent pro pipe? The existing pipe is in good shape and would hate to have to spend the money going with all new if it can be avoided. Thanks in advance for any advise on this!!!

AFIK, the cam-style twist lock design of Simpson Duravent DV venting has not changed. If you have a local distributor, take a section to that guy for a test fit to verify.