Dirty glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WOODNUT358

Aug 1, 2008
RI
Has anyone that owns a Harman XXV ever figure out how to eliminate or decrease the soot on the glass door? I’m burning Matras (soft)now,but I’ve burned soft and hard pellets. Thanks!

Reactions: HeatMinder
Nope, and I’ve had a Harman pellet pro 2, and 2 P61’s..all had at least the tear drops…put new door gaskets on both P61’s…vacuuming the air wash tube helped a bit

Has anyone that owns a Harman XXV ever figure out how to eliminate or decrease the soot on the glass door? I’m burning Matras (soft)now,but I’ve burned soft and hard pellets. Thanks!
I’ve been using Meeco Woodstove Glass Cleaner for years on my Harman stoves. Works very well.

Once a day, as I am checking the stove, ash pan, etc ... I use a 100% natural bristle wide paint brush to just clean the inside of the glass.

Reactions: VintageGal
🙂'Always like the glass as clear as possible so everyday the stove is going the stove gets one or more shutdowns & cool off with a 'mini-clean' which means brushing/vacuuming out ash working top to bottom plus the door, emptying the ash pan, opening the igniter area and removing ash then spraying 'Sprayway' glass cleaner on the sooty areas and wiping down with an all cotton rag. Before discovering Sprayway Ammonia was used by saturating a cotton rag which I did not like because I'm asthmatic & Ammonia is very irritating, 'even makes me cough as I'm thinking about it & writing this!
PS: The glass will never be perfect with use/age but at least it will be clean enough to enjoy the view of the fire!

20231103_072331.jpg

Having the same issue. newly purchased and all install is correct including fresh air intake. Coming from a Quadrafire Castile and over 12 yrs of owning I would only need to clean glass every few days and that one didn't have fresh air intake. Frustrating!!!