Disposing of waste oil - Popular Science

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know several people that sell chainsaw cut BBQ cordwood...in fact, I know of nobody that cuts it any other way!

I know several people that sell chainsaw cut BBQ cordwood...in fact, I know of nobody that cuts it any other way!
I was thinking it was a smoker setup using chips or maybe even pellets. On the scale of a restaurant I assumed they wouldn't want such an inconsistent fuel. Cordwood seems far inferior than chips or pellets when you need a dish to be the same every time.

No restaurant I've ever seen used chips. Large cookers or pits use split wood just like your woodstove. Same with wood fired bread and pizza oven bakeries.

Reactions: fbelec
No restaurant I've ever seen used chips. Large cookers or pits use split wood just like your woodstove. Same with wood fired bread and pizza oven bakeries.
I dunno where you are in E Tenn, but the BBQ joint we hit while visiting my buddy near Johnson City, they know their stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.