Distribution blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WOODNUT358

Aug 1, 2008
RI
After 14 yrs. I finally had to replace my distribution blower in my Harman XXV. You have no idea how loud the blower is until you have a new one. Can hardly hear it run now. Best and only money I ever spent on the stove in 14 yrs. Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: Mt Bob
14 is great, especially if you never oiled,lubed/cleaned it!
On the XXV the dist blower is very difficult to clean or oil unless you remove it from the stove. Being mounted from the bottom it is not an easy job to remove and reinstall on a regular basis and not pinch wires ect. You really cant even get in to clean around the bearings,rotor since it is tucked up tight under the exhaust

On the XXV the dist blower is very difficult to clean or oil unless you remove it from the stove. Being mounted from the bottom it is not an easy job to remove and reinstall on a regular basis and not pinch wires ect. You really cant even get in to clean around the bearings,rotor since it is tucked up tight under the exhaust
Um, ya, I have been around a while, I know such.