Do baffle boards warp?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BethelStrong

Dec 12, 2018
Ohio
I have a Quadrafire Millennium 3100, and I just noticed the leading edge has a slight gap now. That is, the boards don’t sit flat against each of the 4 tubes., as if the front edge curled up ever so slightly. I don’t yet know if it’s just a moved baffle board and blanket, but I know that there was no gap before. It’s maybe a millimeter, but there.

I can’t adjust the baffle board yet, because the stove is running, but just pre-worrying. It’s a new baffle set, but I’m more worried the tubes are warped.

Maybe it’s nothing...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen quad baffles warp but guess it is possible

I have never seen quad baffles warp but guess it is possible

Ok thanks. When the stove cools I’m going to find out for sure. There is some movement between the two boards, but I guess that’s why there is a blanket on top. I’m just hoping it’s a piece of blanket wedged somewhere giving is a small lift.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Quadrafire Millennium 3100, and I just noticed the leading edge has a slight gap now. That is, the boards don’t sit flat against each of the 4 tubes., as if the front edge curled up ever so slightly. I don’t yet know if it’s just a moved baffle board and blanket, but I know that there was no gap before. It’s maybe a millimeter, but there.

I can’t adjust the baffle board yet, because the stove is running, but just pre-worrying. It’s a new baffle set, but I’m more worried the tubes are warped.

Maybe it’s nothing...

Absolutely. My NC30 baffle boards are bananna shaped by about a 1/4". They are only resting on the front and rear tubes. I checked the tubes and they have not sagged or failed down, the boards bent up. My particular stove has two boards and both are identically bowed.

I don't see this as a problem.