Do you grow a WINTER beard?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, it's funny because the few times I've joked about cutting my beard off, Mrs. Quads had a fit. She would never let me cut it off. I am allowed to keep it trimmed only.

quads said:
Heh, it's funny because the few times I've joked about cutting my beard off, Mrs. Quads had a fit. She would never let me cut it off. I am allowed to keep it trimmed only.
Beth doesn't like it because it hides my incredibly handsome face. Maybe ask Mrs. Fiskars why she wants you to keep yours so bad...lol

haha, good one.

my wife is the same way though, she won't let me cut it - and doesn't even like when I trim it up a couple times per year.

Danno77 said:
quads said:
Beth doesn't like it because it hides my incredibly handsome face. Maybe ask Mrs. Fiskars why she wants you to keep yours so bad...lol
HA! Well, she likes it, I think, because it does hide my incredibly UNhandsome face! That, and the fact that she likes how it tickles her legs.......

quads said:
Danno77 said:
quads said:
HA! Well, she likes it, I think, because it does hide my incredibly UNhandsome face! That, and the fact that she likes how it tickles her legs.......
OMG, I just about spit my soda on the laptop!!!

you need this:
mustache-full.gif

but do they make it re: beards?

I had a full beard for almost 40 years until 1/2 hour before my son's wedding this July. Last thing I needed to do before I got my tux on was to trim the beard. We were running late, and I forgot to put that little gadget on the trimmer than adjusts the trim length. Right down to the face in an instant. :ahhh:

Not much choice but to shave it all or to go with something new. Check out my son's reaction when I show up with it just before the ceremony.

DanShowsOffNewFace.jpg

Nice tan line, eh?

BK, that's priceless. Extra funny, though, because everyone else in the pic is sporting a full beard.

lol, here ya go, BattenKiller...

Attachments

• DanShowsOffNewFace (Small).jpg
    DanShowsOffNewFace (Small).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 291
haha, thats great, I love that wedding pic. I have a picture of me and a bunch of friends at a new years party a few years ago where we all had beards.

also,

I found this a while back and thought it was pretty funny

http://www.biggerbetterbeards.org/

No beard, but my moustache is coming in nicely...

nwanog.jpg

:lol:

mhambi said:
No beard, but my moustache is coming in nicely...:lol:
I'm just glad it stopped where it did, i suppose it could have gone lower....

HehHeh . . . thanks for the pic BK . . . it was hilarious . . . gave me the first laugh of the morning.

As for Mhambi . . . that pic was just troubling . .. I think I need to gouge my eyes out with a Bic pen now . . . ;) troubling . . . but kind of funny.

Danno77 said:
I'm just glad it stopped where it did, i suppose it could have gone lower....

<----Studiously avoiding obvious 'goatee joke'.

uh, oh. Just was washing my hands after using the washroom and noticed that some hairs in the beard are coming in lighter than normal. Definitely not the "blonde" or "red" ones that I've had in the past. Oh well, what are ya gonna do? Gray hair generally happens to most of us at some point...

Every year in Saratoga Springs where I live, they have an event called the "Mustachio Bashio" All of the young guys (and gals) hit the bars sporting the most outrageous mustache they can come up with. This one would win hands down. :lol:

nwanog.jpg

Battenkiller said:
Every year in Saratoga Springs where I live, they have an event called the "Mustachio Bashio" All of the young guys (and gals) hit the bars sporting the most outrageous mustache they can come up with. This one would win hands down. :lol:

nwanog.jpg

Ewww. and no, I don't grow a beard summer or winter... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.