Do you know? Thermocoupler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

walkerj001

Oct 27, 2016
Michigan
Hello I am new to the forums and got pointed to this forum for assistance. This may be a basic question , but I am still learning and wanted to be sure I am doing this correctly. What I am doing is installing a thermocouple into my chimney pipe so I can get a digital readout on a PID controller from inside the house. The question I have is what would be the best location to install this thermocouple? I have seen where people stated 18" from top of woodstove, but that was with woodstoves that had chimney pipe coming out from the top of the woodstove and not the back. I have attached some pictures for reference. Also I know that thermocouple should be before the barometric draft regulator.

Unit is a US Stove 1557m

Thanks in advanced for your assistance !
Greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Stove.jpg
    Stove.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 92
  • TC-K-BR-MAIN.jpg
    TC-K-BR-MAIN.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.