Do you use a Napolean 6000 high country?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

21acrewoods

Feb 2, 2009
west central Ohio
I am hoping to here from someone using a Napolean 6000 High Country fireplace. I was wondering if they have an ash removal system? If so, how does it work? What is the effeciency rating(%)? How many grams of particulate/hour does it emit? Do you heat 24/7, if so, where at and how big of house.
Looks like a big time heater.

The Napoleon 6000 high country was my first choice. It has the largest viewing area by far and is hands down the best looking zc fireplace. However it is not a high efficient design. I did a bunch of research and seen numerous of posts from people saying its not. There was a big write up by a guy that sold Napoleon stuff, and he totally dogged the 6000's efficiency. Plus its not EPA approved. Napoleon claims a lot on there site, but its marketing. I'm looking at the Quadrafire 7100 and the Heatnglow Northstar. You might want to check these 2 units out. They don't look quite as nice, but supposed to be way more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.