Does a setback thermostat put more stress on a Harman vs room probe alone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cjweaver13

Sep 21, 2022
PA
One more thermostat question on my Harman Accentra after using it for a bit. I set the Accentra control board to 80F and put the thermostat around 68-70 and ignitor in manual mode after startup. When the thermostat calls for heat, the stove burns hot and fast for maybe 10 minutes until the thermostat is satisfied then goes right back to low. Does this put any more heat stress or motor stress on the stove vs letting it modulate from the room probe?

I've been running our P43 that way for 10 years now. Harmans are durable and reliable.

sam

Reactions: Mt Bob
I've been running our P43 that way for 10 years now. Harmans are durable and reliable.

sam

Turns out I also need to replace the combustion motor or the bearings lol. But I bought it used so still ahead

Reactions: Washed-Up
Turns out I also need to replace the combustion motor or the bearings lol. But I bought it used so still ahead
Is the bower squealing? Try some 3 in 1 oil on the bearing seals(both sets if it’s a dual fan)

Is the bower squealing? Try some 3 in 1 oil on the bearing seals(both sets if it’s a dual fan)

It's not squeeling but rather making a rhythmic vibrating sound after awhile. I'm going to clean out good as I can without removing and also the metal fan inside the house in case it's off balance

Reactions: Washed-Up
I use a remote stat and set up the same way, been doing it for several years. Probably the combustion fan/motor is what it would be hardest on since it runs 24/7. I replaced my combustion fan last year, due to noise. Going to order bearings and replace them for spare.