Does anyone else have extreme dust issue with pellet insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It’s pretty rare to have a clean out Tee behind an insert. I’ve seen it but I don’t usually do them that way because on most units I brush the flu through the blower housing, and a lot of inserts that have a horizontal exhaust port are so low to the ground that there isn’t room to take the clean out off.
We install adapter T,s with a clean out on all of our inserts. Our liner kits come with them.

You know you can request they just send the appliance to flex adapters if you are ordering from Olympia. I just never saw the need. We order 30-50 flex kits each fall so any way we can shave a few bucks off makes a difference

You know you can request they just send the appliance to flex adapters if you are ordering from Olympia. I just never saw the need. We order 30-50 flex kits each fall so any way we can shave a few bucks off makes a difference
We do around 200 stoves per year. I order the series 300 stainless liner kits with lifetime warranty. If the flue adapter is sealed properly with high temp sealant it’s not coming off easily. That’s why the clean out T is nice. The T for inserts isn’t like a regular T. It’s shorter at the bottom. We use Best Flex.

We do around 200 stoves per year. I order the series 300 stainless liner kits with lifetime warranty. If the flue adapter is sealed properly with high temp sealant it’s not coming off easily. That’s why the clean out T is nice. The T for inserts isn’t like a regular T. It’s shorter at the bottom. We use Best Flex.
Who is your distributor? I’m not sure I’ve ever seen or heard of best flex

We pretty much just do Harman and Quad so I don’t have to disconnect the flex on those to clean and on the older stoves I just run my brush through the combustion blower plenum.