Does anyone have a picture of an older Vigilant heat shield?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corie

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
Camp Hill, PA
Is anyone burning one of these puppies? I need to fab the bottom and rear heat shields and while I usually just make these on the fly, I was hoping for a reference picture just to be sure I'm on the right track.

Corie, I don't have a pic - but I can tell you this from having seen and installed them. It is not very large - in other words, it is not one of those that extends beyond the shadow of the stove. It had a square knock-out which served to allow the flue reversal and was mounted on the usual spacers (there are tapped holes in the rear of stove).

So, I would make it approx the stove rear shadow with approx 3" wider on each side and bend about 2" of each side at 45 degrees inwards.

I could probably take a few pictures for you tonight if you'd like. It's installed on my stove, but I should be able to get you some pics to give you what you're looking for, let me know and I could email them to you.

Lee

Craig, thanks. That's about what I thought.

lma58 if you wouldn't mind I'd love to see pictures anyway. No big deal if not.

http://www.vermontcastings.com/catalog/elements/files/2006/2002916_Rear_ht_shld.pdf

Not a real good picture, but kindof shows the general shape of the rear one (I never had one on that stove). The bottom one was basically kind of a stop-sign shape and did not stick out from the bottom of the stove much at all. I have no idea where that went. I think I have the mounting brackets for the bottom if you want them (they just attach to the leg bolts).

Corie, Not sure if these will help. If you need more or dimensions, I'd be happy to remove it and take pics/dims.

Attachments

• P1240020.JPG
    P1240020.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 315
  • P1240019.JPG
    P1240019.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 322
  • P1240018.JPG
    P1240018.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 305
Status
Not open for further replies.