Does anyone know what Size cleaning brush is required on Harman Accentra Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LobsterParty

Jan 24, 2022
Boston
Thanks for your help, trying to buy the right size.

It's a Harman Accentra Insert 42k BTU size 2006

First time owning the stove and wanna prepare for my first cleaning. I see alot of 3 inch and 4 inch brushes , somewhere online it said 2 inch.

Wanted to see if anyone knows the best size brush for the Harman , for a deep cleaning.
Thank you!

Depends on what you are cleaning. Your flue could be 3" or 4". And may go clear to the top of your chimney. If you are talking about the special brush that comes with an Accentra insert, for the flue passageways, it was originally 2" square. You may be able to use a softer 3" round , or you may have to get a 2" boiler brush. Or the factory brush,but they are very over priced.

Reactions: LobsterParty
Depends on what you are cleaning. Your flue could be 3" or 4". And may go clear to the top of your chimney. If you are talking about the special brush that comes with an Accentra insert, for the flue passageways, it was originally 2" square. You may be able to use a softer 3" round , or you may have to get a 2" boiler brush. Or the factory brush,but they are very over priced.

I used 4 inch stainless 25 feet thru the Chimney and a nice cap. Thank you for the information

Reactions: Mt Bob
Don't know about an insert, but the factory one is about 17", and the tough guy is 16" and seems fine on the free standing Harmans.
Okay thanks. Just bought the 20 inch one.

What do you think about this video?

He bought a power drill harbor freight plumbers snake

Good video. he is showing a partially clogged stove, a stove that has not been properly maintained. Normally, you would brush those side passages every cleaning, and not have to remove the insert,remove the combustion blower, but 1 time a year. Another handy tool is a cheap bore scope(harbor freight) and you can look up in stove passages, to check for cleanliness.

Don't know about an insert, but the factory one is about 17", and the tough guy is 16" and seems fine on the free standing Harmans.
My harmen accentra insert pellet stove was working perfectly fine for a month.. and today I topped off the pellets when I woke up. Everything was working flawlessly and then I watched the flame just die down and basically go out. Everything was cherry red and smoking, but no flame.
Wonder what's going on and if something broke..
I turned it off to cool down. So I can clean it out with the vacuum