Does the blower fan automatically shut off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

reaperman1

Aug 7, 2022
Minnesota
It seems when the fire cools down to the point of not much heat being put out by the stove the blower fan continues to run. I remember a previous stove of mine had a snap disc that would turn the fan on/off. My Boxer 24, has been running for month strait and the fan always seems to turn on when using the on/off switch, even with a cool stove. But when I first bought the stove, I tried the blower fan way before I ever lit a fire and it didnt turn on as expected since it wasn't hot. So I figured it was being controlled with some kind of thermostat. If I remember right, the salesman said it wouldn't turn on until it was hot enough. I assumed it would shut off when cool?

My Ashford never turns off the blower unless I do it. Same with the Princess insert I had at the previous home. Neither dealer ever mentioned a thermal switch option.

I know the freestanders had a snap disc to turn the blowers on and off. Mine from 2012 does. I recall that BK stopped fitting stoves with the snap disc.