Does the King 5510 pellet stove have air control adjustment Rod?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pelletburnernewbie said:
Is this air rod on every stove? Where would it be located? We have a King 5510 pellet stove with the problem you describe...(lazy flame) but see nothing in the manual about an air rod. Thanks

You may want to post your problem in the main forum so a wider audience sees it, and not all stoves have the rod.

Thanks - I dont believe I need to repost this elsewhere....our stove does not have those air rods. Our problem is still that the burn pot overfills, then smolders. We have never had the stove go for more than two days without having to be cleaned out, and the window is till "blacking" up. We are back to reading all the posts on this site regarding these two problems. Hoping to find OUR answer before summer arrives!! :sick:

pelletburnernewbie said:
Thanks - I dont believe I need to repost this elsewhere....our stove does not have those air rods. Our problem is still that the burn pot overfills, then smolders. We have never had the stove go for more than two days without having to be cleaned out, and the window is till "blacking" up. We are back to reading all the posts on this site regarding these two problems. Hoping to find OUR answer before summer arrives!! :sick:

Let me guess......... :shut:

Your pellets are Maine Woods Pellets from the Athens mill????

If that is true, then that is your problem.

Well I am not at all sure that the brand of pellets makes a lot of difference....we started out with the ones you mentioned, then we tried Pennington - which most everyone seems to think is not a good brand). Now we have the New England Wood Pellets from Jaffrey NH, with the same problem. Right now it seems a little less or the problem....the glass is not getting as black as quickly, and the pellet burner pot is not filling up. We just restarted again and will wait to see what happens.

Posting this question in a new thread for the guy below.
Does the King 5510 pellet stove have air control adjustment Rod?

Status
Not open for further replies.