Does this look right?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

albertj03

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2009
Southern Maine
I picked up a dura-vent damper pipe section today and noticed that the damper touches on one side of the pipe but there is about 1/2 inch of space on the other side. Is it normal to have that big of a difference from one side to another or is it supposed to be more even?

a21890c3.gif

84602fb8.gif

I think mine is more centered but don't see how it would make a difference. The open area when it's closed will be the same no matter if it's centered or not.

With that said have you tried moving it? I can't imagine it has too much of a press fit.

Should not matter. As you can see, either way the same area will be blocked no matter what.

Well, the coreolis effect will be affected, but if you don't mind it not functioning in a normal fashion I think all will be ok.

Matt

I just bought a 6" Damper. The rod is long enough to go through my Double Wall . It was $4.00. looking at the Double wall damper on-line. Its the same thing I have, with the $4.00 kit, pre-installed.

Even when you do it yourself, like me, you must drill a straight hole. Without that, there will be an off-set. But the area that is off-set, will be the same. wether centered or off a little. area is area.

will definitly be better than nothing. In the case of an emergecy.

Status
Not open for further replies.