Dolmar 7300 or husky 372xp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get a chance check out a Husky 365. Basically the non XP version of the 372! Great saw!

Lest anyone forget, Husqvarna is/was owned by a conglomerate company world renowned for ...you got it...building vacuum cleaners. So Lets go Electrolux !!!!

I'm thinking thats what Highbeam was referring to.

I vote "Both". How can you decide between two great saws...you don't, take them both home and see if you can wear both out. I've yet to meet a guy who said "man my dry aged wood pile is too big" or darn that saw is way too powerfull and too light for me I've got to get rid of it...

JoeCt said:
looking for a bigger saw and i narrowed it down to either the dolmar 7300 or the huskey 372 xp. I've used them both but still want opinions on them. I'm still not going to rule out the Stihl saws, but for price vs. power to weight I'm thinking of one of these two.

MS440 Magnum

The new 7900s have really ramped up the power. Don't know whats different but the last 7900 I ran was a monster. With that said I consider the Solo 681 the bench mark for other saws in the size to be measured against. Hands the best saw I have ever owned or run. I own 2 Huskys both very good saws but they can be a little pricey. Another option is to buy a used ported saw and depending on your needs you can sometimes go down a size and have the same power or more. A Dan Henry PP357 will out cut a stock 372. Likewise my PP346 would out cut a stock 357.

I would bet the Solo has a better carb than the Dolmar & or dialed in a lot better. Husky had some of the same model saws, some with Zama & some with Walbro, the Walbro being the better. Randy

Singed Eyebrows said:
I would bet the Solo has a better carb than the Dolmar & or dialed in a lot better. Husky had some of the same model saws, some with Zama & some with Walbro, the Walbro being the better. Randy
The Solo runs, feels, sounds and cuts like a ported saw right out of the box. Only thing I've done to mine is a muffler mod.

Dolly 79... Handles everything and let's me sit on her quite a bit tho she doesn't need it. However, my fathers XP is just as much of a blast to run! Been wanting to get my hands on a 681 too as I heard they're screamers... Dealer support locally is about the same for all brands.... You get one that you don't want to throw money at for prices and service, one that stocks nothing, one that will hang up in you if you don't have the part number or one that only runs cash and is open 3 days a week and not on the weekend... And those dealers are for stihl, dolmar and huskey! So for me it was no dealer matters choice... P.s. I drove 2 hrs just to buy mine... Year old, 50 plus hours nothings broke. Tho you'll probably get that with most saws anyhow.

And if the OP is from CT go to the dolmar/huskey/jonsered dealer below Norwich... Best price, service and availability by far...

Status
Not open for further replies.