Door gasket on Regency I2400 medium insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tumm21

Jul 16, 2011
North Jersey
I purchased my Regency Insert in 2008. So I have been burning with it for 3 years. My gasket on the door looks a little flat. Through the years I have ajusted the door to make it fit tighter when I felt the door was feeling loose. On average how often do you replace the gasket. I did the dollar bill test and it seems snug all the way around the door. In one spot I could pull the dollar out if I pull a little bit more. How hard should you have to pull on the dollar bill and how often do you replace the gasket.

The dollar bill should pull out with firm resistance. It sounds like your gasket is fine. Some stoves go many years between door gasket replacements.

I purchased my Regency Insert in 2008. So I have been burning with it for 3 years. My gasket on the door looks a little flat. Through the years I have ajusted the door to make it fit tighter when I felt the door was feeling loose. On average how often do you replace the gasket. I did the dollar bill test and it seems snug all the way around the door. In one spot I could pull the dollar out if I pull a little bit more. How hard should you have to pull on the dollar bill and how often do you replace the gasket.

I have the same insert, and it seems the gasket does get flat, but I can fluff it a bit to get it sealing tighter.

My newest issue is the small little gasket around the window panel. It is fraying and there is a bit of an air leak there.

I will have to take the door completely off to replace it. I need to find that thin gasket part somewhere.

• tumm21 said:
    I purchased my Regency Insert in 2008. So I have been burning with it for 3 years. My gasket on the door looks a little flat. Through the years I have ajusted the door to make it fit tighter when I felt the door was feeling loose. On average how often do you replace the gasket. I did the dollar bill test and it seems snug all the way around the door. In one spot I could pull the dollar out if I pull a little bit more. How hard should you have to pull on the dollar bill and how often do you replace the gasket.​
    I have the same insert, and it seems the gasket does get flat, but I can fluff it a bit to get it sealing tighter. My newest issue is the small little gasket around the window panel. It is fraying and there is a bit of an air leak there. I will have to take the door completely off to replace it. I need to find that thin gasket part somewhere.​

That's interesting - our window gasket is doing the same thing. This is our third year of burning. My husband went to our stove dealer for the gasket, which they were nice enough to just give him at no charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.