Double sided gas logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zipper1081

Jan 12, 2009
Huntington,WV
We had an old back to back fire place in the house when we bought it. One in the living one in the dining room it had a brick wall that keep them seperate. We decited to redo the dining room we tore out the wall that was in the middle I had a steel box made and we beat it into the hole.this wall is 3 foot thick easier said than done. LOL I have no idea what the BTU of these are we really put them in for looks but they will heat the house 1800sq. Got the rocks out of a stream in the northern part of the state. Here are some pics.

christmas08100.jpg

103_0244.jpg

4-1-07005.jpg

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not a fireplace fan but I sure do like the irregular, primitive look of that stonework. Has a certain draw or attraction to it. That's a wicked excellent remodel job zipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.