Double wall 6" exiting woodstove w/ no single wall & 6-7 adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stm

Oct 12, 2016
vermont
Greetings all....my stove has a vertical 6" id exit, with a 1" high collar/seat shaped into the top. With single wall pipe i put a screw through each side, and refractory cement for seal.
Is there a metalbestos part made to fit into such an arrangement so i have double wall all the way out of building?
Also is there a metalbestos 6" to 7" double wall adapter available?
Checking all the sources...
Many thanks!
stm

What stove is this you have?
Why the need for 6 - 7"?

Also, you don't need the refractory cement there. How will you disconnect it for cleaning?
Welcome to the HEARTH forums.

Thanks for reply, minister.
Primarily i want to have a double wall insulated pipe connected to the stove.
I have been using single wall which occasionally gets overheated and would rather not see
the pipe turn red.
Cleaning around that area can be accomplished from interior.
I have lots of unused 7".
Pardon i'm away at work all week and don't recall the stove model.

I have been using single wall which occasionally gets overheated and would rather not see
the pipe turn red.
If the single-wall is getting red there is a problem and that is a warning sign. I would not change the pipe until I understand what is happening here. It could be operator error.

Status
Not open for further replies.