Double wall pipe connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mike13

Jul 15, 2015
NE Ohio
Before purchasing a Blaze King Princess I want to have as many details worked out as I can.

My question is if the pipe adapter at our ceiling box will be compatible with the double wall pipe Blaze King recommends rather than the single wall that is currently there and attached to our NC-30. 96c4d97f2016ce12a2e5f55cb620e3af.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
See if that stub of black single wall 6” will be removable. You can’t just shove double wall onto that stub. On my system the stub shoved into the ceiling support box and clicks in. Getting it out looks difficult.

Yes, double wall is compatible with your stovepipe adaptor. On a side note, the chimney isn’t installed correctly. On that system the pipe should protrude into the room a few inches, then the adaptor goes into the end of the chimney pipe. Whoever installed yours, put the adaptor on the pipe before setting it into the box preventing it from resting on the support clamp.

Yes, double wall is compatible with your stovepipe adaptor. On a side note, the chimney isn’t installed correctly. On that system the pipe should protrude into the room a few inches, then the adaptor goes into the end of the chimney pipe. Whoever installed yours, put the adaptor on the pipe before setting it into the box preventing it from resting on the support clamp.

Thanks for the reply! I will have to check that out in more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have to remove that single wall stub?

See if that stub of black single wall 6” will be removable. You can’t just shove double wall onto that stub. On my system the stub shoved into the ceiling support box and clicks in. Getting it out looks difficult.

If the stub of single wall you are referring to is toward the bottom of the picture below the screw that is our current pipe for the NC-30.

Thanks for the reply! I will have to check that out in more detail.

I’m confused, I’ve never used that brand, I would trust webby’s advice.

I’m confused, I’ve never used that brand, I would trust webby’s advice.
It’s selkirk supervent. It’s not installed properly, that’s probably why you are having trouble picturing it.

How hard is it going to be to pull the chimney up and correct the problem?