Dovre 425 NG to LP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

where to find parts

• parts dealer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manufacturer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lacrosseclockguy

Sep 21, 2022
Holmen,WI
Hey All, I know this has been asked in previous thread in 2019, I have exhausted most of the redirections to the different parts house that may have had the original conversion kits for the Dovre 425 and other models, but I am not convinced that there is not another conversion or cross reference to these obsolete models? the original NG to LP conversion kit was 844-0400. What came with the kit? Did the burner/plate have to be replaced, or was it just the burner and pilot orifices as well as the regulator diaphragm? I have used the unit about 20 times in twenty plus years of ownership, and was thinking of converting to LP just in case S.H.T.F.
Can I plug burner orifice and re-drill? What changes have to be made to pilot orifice? My regulator is a Robertshaw-Grayson 7000 series NG and I believe I can replace the NG with LP diaphragm? Am I off target for wanting to convert, and why is it so hard to find info on doing so?
Vendors willing to sell me brand new unit for$$$$$, which I don't need to spend, just want more options to keep me alive should such a need arise. A wood burning stove is not an option for me, hence the quest. Thanks in advance to those willing to answer or reply.

You’ll need the burner orifice, pilot orifice & the lp regulator head for your gas valve. Google for this:

7AE2DC1D-479B-43D9-9DE0-58957AAB6D4D.png

Last edited:
Thanks for reply, being a novice to knowing the appliance industry, are these valve/orifice size common fittings? or were these types of fittings proprietary to Dovre? I have not taken unit apart to see the type of fittings so I currently have nothing to compare them to.
I am assuming I can still get the LP regulator since it is a standard issue Robertshaw valve? and do you need to ask for or look for one that is LP rated for the 7000 series regulator Unit? I should be able to complete task, but if I need to order from parts vendor I would like to know what I am asking for to insure proper fitment.
If needed, I can plug and re-drill burner orifice, but unsure if oxygen hole changes size along with orifice size on pilot LP changout, or can it be plugged and drilled out just the same using same size oxygen hole from NG setup? I know its a lot to ask, but if this works for me I hope this info could be passed forward to any one else willing to do such a change out and what it exactly involves.

You’ll need the burner orifice, pilot orifice & the love regulator head for your gas valve. Google for this:

View attachment 299286

If I remember right the changing of pilot and burner orifices was all that was needed as the orifices are close to the same o2 needs. I did 3 of the Dovre stoves. There is two other adjustments, one for the exit of the firebox and another that adjusts the air to the burner. Great little units. Just cleaned mine Wednesday
One is my heat for if the main power goes out or if the primary heat is not enough to keep the main floor warm or when I want to sit and read in front of on a cold winter day and another I found and installed for my Mother. Both have the fan option that really helps get the heat moved

Thanks for reply, being a novice to knowing the appliance industry, are these valve/orifice size common fittings? or were these types of fittings proprietary to Dovre? I have not taken unit apart to see the type of fittings so I currently have nothing to compare them to.
I am assuming I can still get the LP regulator since it is a standard issue Robertshaw valve? and do you need to ask for or look for one that is LP rated for the 7000 series regulator Unit? I should be able to complete task, but if I need to order from parts vendor I would like to know what I am asking for to insure proper fitment.
If needed, I can plug and re-drill burner orifice, but unsure if oxygen hole changes size along with orifice size on pilot LP changout, or can it be plugged and drilled out just the same using same size oxygen hole from NG setup? I know its a lot to ask, but if this works for me I hope this info could be passed forward to any one else willing to do such a change out and what it exactly involves.
Take the unit apart per the instructions & remove the orifices. Make a note of your stove’s serial number. Take everything & the instructions to your local hearth shop’s service department and ask if the orifices & the regulator head are available. Let us know how you make out.