Dream craiglist find in CT. Too far from me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Who will be the lucky one? Danm that is awesome.

Reactions: WoodyIsGoody
If I really needed the wood, I would go get it. I am about 30 minutes from there.

Makes one want to fire up the BIG saw!!!

I'm not taking the big Oaks anymore, 24 inches long and that big around is to heavy for me to wrestle onto the splitter by myself. 60 years old and running hard but...

I do have a dump truck and a backhoe if someone wants to get it. Quarter half of them for me and I will get it.

Rounds roll.
If it's oak, and it looks like it might be, straight sections quarter pretty easy with a couple of wedges and a sledge hammer.

Reactions: Soundchasm
Wife is going to hate me, but that is like 3 miles from my house. Guess I have to go get it right?

Why would your wife not like that? Do you make her split it?

Reactions: billb3
Poor wifey, like I tell my one buddy who's married (and a little lazy) Hugs and kisses don't keep the house warm in the winter, but on a serious note, its a pretty good score as long as its not far from the truck or trailer / up a steep hill, if you have a hand truck it could make life easier, or bring the sledge and wedges just incase. The tree looks fairly straight so it should split easily if you need to quarter it up, good luck if your serious in getting it.

I took an oak about that size a couple month ago from a neighbor down the street, ended up being about 3 cords of wood. That is a good score even if you have to drive a little. I just noodled the pieces to big to lift with the manual log lift.