Drinking & Burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The past few years I've noticed that after a session with the chain saw and maul I feel like I've gotten run over by a truck. A taste of whisky or two usually helps settle things later that evening.
I was up in Sullivan County this past weekend, can't say I was amazed I had to snowblow the surprise 7" at the grans house on Saturday...got into his Buds after that....

A bottle of red or monkey shoulder scotch, A nice leaf cigar. fire pit, 60/ 70 rock. Actually that's a summer evening on the deck at the cabin.

Recently changed my go to winter favorite Bourbon from Knob Creek to Jefferson's Reserve Very Old Very Small Batch. If you like Bourbon this is one worth trying.

hi woodey have you tried michters or rabbit hole? both top notch. the only unfortunate thing about cold and burning the stove is it's too cold to burn the fireplace. my stove has no glass and they didn't make one.

Reactions: woodey
hi woodey have you tried michters or rabbit hole? both top notch. the only unfortunate thing about cold and burning the stove is it's to cold to burn the fireplace. my stove has no glass and they didn't make one.
Thanks for the info, the rabbit hole sounds nice, next time I am in N.H. I will pick some up.

that's where i got it New Hampshire Liquor store. cheap money

You may be needing a little Rabbit Hole to help forget last nights game:mad:
that's for sure. feel bad for mac jones he was trying but only bourne was help. the rest didn't do their job:(

Yes, always a bottle of that ready here.

If you like that flavor profile, I suggest Buffalo Trace as well. Affordable too.

Was looking for some Buffalo Trace but none in stock locally, looking forward to trying some !
Was looking for some Buffalo Trace but none in stock locally, looking forward to trying some !
Small town with only 2 liquor stores, both said Buffalo was hard for them to get and was gone quickly upon arrival.

Same here; it's been hit or miss for buffalo Trace.

Same here; it's been hit or miss for buffalo Trace.
Checked out their website the other day and it said that they were undergoing renovations at the distillery and some whiskeys may be in short supply temporarily but I didn’t look to see what date that was posted.

Reactions: stoveliker
Got a new-to-us cat last week from a friend. He's settling in nicely and is a very chill dude. The only problem is that he likes a dram before bedtime and only the good stuff.

moki-wee-dram.jpg

Lol. My cat eats fire only.

if he's cool let him. my 2 cats have a hair across their --s

but two cats sleep in front of the stove. the male likes the fireplace when it's lit. watches the fire

Our beautiful boy is gone. He was killed by a hit and run driver right in front of the house. Never stopped. 2022 is off to a really crappy start.

• Sad
Reactions: stoveliker
I'm sorry, begreen. Not even stopping to apologize - it's inconceivable.

I hope the year will only slowly go up from here.

Reactions: begreen and woodey
Rereading begreen s post, I hope.my interpretation that it was a cat (because of the post above it) was right.

If not, then I sincerely apologize. A cat is truly bad; they are part of the family. The other thing that is on my mind is unmentionably bad.

so sorry to hear that begreen. thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

Reactions: begreen