Drolet Classic EPA from Northern tool?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffman3

Nov 20, 2007
S.W. Nebraska
Does anyone have any experience with this stove? I am considering some alternatives to costly repairs to my HS Tribute. (Another thread) I downloaded the owners manual, but I don't know much these stoves or the company. I understand this a less expensive stove, and not nearly as attractive as my Tribute, but the slightly bigger firebox, (and resulting longer burn), are interesting, and the price may be comparable to the labor and mileage to have my Tribute fixed.

I would not get crazy yet . I would burn your stove til spring and then get HS to replace it . If they are fixing your door for free ,under warranty It is not far fetched to say all the damage happened then and they must fix or replace the unit for life of owner ship . You did not buy a junk stove from tractor supply or Northern tool You payed top dollar for a top of the line stove and It should last 20 years any way . Not to mention there are 600 + people looking at your post and no one needs that kind of bad publicity . I think if you have not over fired the stove you should ask the members here to shoot a note over to HS and express our concerns about the warranty , customer service , quality of the product etc . I bet they would be racing over to your place with a new stove and a free install . Look whats happening over at VC . I would all so post else where . I would hate to see you take a beating. John

The dealer I'm working with is being as good as I would expect. I am currently waiting for a reply from Jim at Hearthstone on covering the labor. The one response I have received from Jim said they would not cover the shipping of the parts or the labor to fix it. I asked for an explanation of that decision.

If others want to contact Hearthstone about this, and let them know that hundreds of people are watching this situation unfold, I certainly won't ask them not to do that, if they so wish to do so, but I won't ask them to do that either. Hearthstone has an opportunity to make a statement about the quality of their company, and their products. The question is what will that statement be?

I am holding my opinion, and my recommendations to others, till I get a definitive answer from Hearthstone regarding this warranty situation regarding the labor. If they make right, I will be satisfied, if not...well...... I won't be, and I will communicate my dissatisfaction at that point. The Holidays have slowed the communications. Many businesses close down for the Holidays, so I am being understanding of that.... for now.

I'm just getting my ducks in a row so to speak, so I can make an informed decision about how I am going to heat my home the rest of the winter, when I get a response from them. That's why I am looking into a replacement stove, the cost, and reviews. If I go that way, I may move the replacement stove to the basement for the second stove project that I hope to do summer of 2009 or 2010, so it's not like I'm throwing money up the chimney. My original plan was to put a HS down there, but that may well change, We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.