Drolet eco-45 problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jim Fenton

Oct 26, 2021
Nakusp bc
My drolet eco-45 doesn't want to start up. A little history; I noticed this started awhile ago in increments. I have no thermostat and use manual start up. I pressed the button to manual setting and there was a slight hesitation before complete startup. Worked as it should. After a week, shut in down to clean, no problems. Re-started, and noticed a little longer hesitation. This went til it finally it wouldn't start at all. I removed both tubeaxial blowers (convection blowers) and cleaned thourghly. The original installer did not put filters in place. Opened back and cleaned the combex blower as best as I could do without removing it. I tested the auger feed and it works. Just a note, when I start it up, I hear a slight humming noise, like from a stuck electric motor, even with both tubeaxial motors removed. I'm thinking the combex electric motor is malfunctioning but would it humm if the pressure switch is defective. Any thoughts. Thanks

Is there any places in western Canada that you can order replacement parts. Drolet/SBI is in Quebec and the costs to ship are quite high.

The shipping looks to be 55 dollars
which makes the total with taxes less than the part from a US store
Try your local Home Hardware they sell Drolet stoves

The shipping looks to be 55 dollars
which makes the total with taxes less than the part from a US store
Try your local Home Hardware they sell Drolet stoves
Thanks. Gone to home hardware and asked for a quote on prices and shipping.
I live in a small community in southern bc and there are no pellet stove techs. So I'm try to diagnose the issue. The "humming" is coming from the combex blower, so I'm going to start there. Any suggestions