Drolet Eco 55 fuse error code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

namacinnis

Nov 2, 2020
Nova Scotia
My friend has a Drolet Eco 55 pellet stove, while trying to change a fuse, she broke the membrane control panel 's connection (the one that resembles tape). We ordered a new one and installed it. It wouldn't work properly, and was just showing every single light lit up. I called Drolet, was told to make sure the top connection between the 2 green electrical boards was tight. It was a bit loose. Pushed it together more, then it started working. But within about 30 seconds, the FL error code appears. We changed the fuse a couple of times because the code says it's the ignitor fuse. It doesn't help. Keeps doing the same thing. Shoots a few pellets in but doesn't ignite. Her stove is 3 yrs old, about a yr and half ago I remember helping her with fuses, for some reason I'm thinking there was a labeling error in the manual for what fuse does what....does anyone know? Looking for any possible help as to what this could be. thanks

Omg thank you!! I was right, the diagram in my friend's manual is wrong. In your photo "G" is listed as the ignitor fuse on her book. We're in Canada, so it's also numbered instead of lettered. I'll print this off and go see her. We'll see if this is any help. Could i ask a favour , if you have the sizes of what each fuse should be? (i think it was in a separate manual but not sure).

Fuses A and D .5 amp/250 volt
B and G 8 amp/250 volt
C 3 amp/250 volt
E 1.25 amp/250 volt
F 2 amp /250 volt
Here is every manual you will ever need for that stove
Last time I checked Eastern Ontario was also in Canada LOL

Fuses A and D .5 amp/250 volt
B and G 8 amp/250 volt
C 3 amp/250 volt
E 1.25 amp/250 volt
F 2 amp /250 volt
Here is every manual you will ever need for that stove
Last time I checked Eastern Ontario was also in Canada LOL
Oh no I just saw the left of this screen where you live in Ontario lol. I was thinking maybe it was labeled differently if sold in the US!! I just went up to my friend's, we changed out the fuse for the ignitor due to getting the FL error code all the time. Unfortunately it's still happening. We have a service rep coming but can't get here until the 23rd. I was hoping to get her some heat before that. Little village in NS so not many choices. Maybe her ignitor is bad, or could it be the whole board?

If the auger and combustion fan are working try to manual light it
Soak some pellets in hand sanitizer put them in the burn pot start the stove
don't forget to light the pellets with a match
Lived in Kentville many many years ago

yes we did that before i left, she had some gel lighter fluid, so we put some in the little burn pot thing and lit that-I'm pretty sure auger is working because pellets are coming down. Fan is working-at least the first one anyway, we never get up to the higher speed. We tried manually lighting before turning on stove (thinking somehow the heat might trick the stove into working lol), and we tried lighting manually after turning on stove. Now she is going to remove all pellets from the hopper, vacuum out to make sure none are stuck or anything. I don't know if that will even help. Thank you for the tip on hand sanitizer for a lighter fluid I never thought of that one!!