Drolet Eco-65 - Bin Auger Operation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, the baffle forces the heat to stay in the chamber longer. There may have been a design change of the exhauster fan wheel to compensate and to not raise draft too much.

so far so good, with this stove. i did have a bad run of Int'l Forest Products pellets that contained massive amounts of fines, concrete, and corn. The burn pot filled to the top after 3 bags. Yes, you read that right... 3 bags.

Communications with the pellet institute and the US manager of operations at the pellet company resulted in threats of a lawsuit (by me) and a full refund for a ton of pellets. The manufacturer basically said "too bad, so sad" and i didnt stand for that :) They threw the retailer under the bus, blaming them for the product. LOLs

I havent fiddled with the thermister timer bypass project. I did have the stick on thermometer fail. the magnet finally lost all magnetism after high temps for too long. you can see it in the FliR picture just above the door.

What temps is your thermometer showing? If your interested in deleting the air wash on the front door I;m working with a gasket manufacturer to make a one piece replacement gasket for the glass.

My Osburn 7000 seems to have a door gasket issue from the get go. One corner isn't stuck although when latching the door the gasket seats itself, however the area adjacent to the handle must have a leak as it has two streaks towards the center of the glass. What would be the advantage of a one piece gasket?

The one piece gasket would prevent the stove having a smoke smell after shutdown, as the bottom of the glass is open with no gasket to act as a air wash to keep the glass cleaner longer. If the glass gets dirtier faster, I don't mind if it reduces the smoke smell.

What temps is your thermometer showing? If your interested in deleting the air wash on the front door I;m working with a gasket manufacturer to make a one piece replacement gasket for the glass.

before it fell off it was always in the 800 plus range. the glass isnt horrible and it cleans easily with water alone. i have no smoke leakage or smells. what will your gasket do that the one i have doesnt already?

When the stove shuts down lose the exhaust blower ,the remaining pellets still smolder a bit you can get a slight smoke odor. Some people are more sensitive to it than others. If your running pilot on mode you probably wont notice any difference as the stove runs all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.