Drolet vs vogelzang

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The only box store we have is home hardware. Small town of 8000 people. Nearest big box store is like 1100km away.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk
When your comparing stoves look at clearance and hearth requirements as well. Often the savings aren't realized if you have to build a more substantial hearth to meet the stove clearances. Basically pencil out the entire project to see what's the most cost effective.

Thanks for all the replys. Seems drolet is a great stove with great customer service. The webpage mentioned before with the free shipping is Probably the way I'm gonna go. Is there also a webpage that sells England stoves with free shipping?
You're fairly remote. Drolet looks like the best option for your area.

When your comparing stoves look at clearance and hearth requirements as well. Often the savings aren't realized if you have to build a more substantial hearth to meet the stove clearances. Basically pencil out the entire project to see what's the most cost effective.
Totally agree with Rwhite. I printed the manual, measured hearth, all near by flammable construct clearances to ensure it will fit 100 percent as per manual before placing the order. This unit and crate are heavy, it will totally negate savings if you have to return and exchange it if the measurement is off. Don't cut any corners esp. when it comes to safety,

Drolet Austral 2 would probably be my preference here now that they have the c-cast baffle. SBI service is pretty good by all reports.
Please explain the c-cast baffle vs what Vogelzang has. Which brand would likely have less chance of producing creosote, with identical wood?

Another satisfied SBI customer that would buy their stove again.

I know this is an older thread but I am very happy with my Drolet Escape 1800. Had two broken bricks and a scratch on one side when I uncrated it at home. SBI promptly and without begging sent me 4 new bricks and a can of high heat stove paint. Within one week. Very good service.

I have a crush on the HT2000. That would be my choice if it fit my application.

I have a crush on the HT2000. That would be my choice if it fit my application.

That looks like a powerful heater. This 2.4 cu ft firebox on our Escape cooks us out of our living room at times. When I start opening windows my wife snarks “to much oak in the stove again, eh”?