drunk loading

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the seventies the husband of a lady my wife worked with got terminated from his job one afternoon. The guy went home to their megabucks new house and proceeded to get loaded and decided to start a fire in the fireplace. Nobody ever knew exactly what he did but by the time the fire department got it put out the whole end of the house was burned off.
That's really good, Bart. Truth of the matter is it happens more than not. Even so, that's why we are all here, to listen to each other.

Back in the seventies the husband of a lady my wife worked with got terminated from his job one afternoon. The guy went home to their megabucks new house and proceeded to get loaded and decided to start a fire in the fireplace. Nobody ever knew exactly what he did but by the time the fire department got it put out the whole end of the house was burned off.

Ah, the insurance money probably came in handy, then.

Didn't any of you learn your lesson from our drunken posting and stove loading on New Year's Eve? ;)

No i didn't and im pretty sure I still haven't learned my lesson.

Both! I suppose.
Last night I was out with the boys....
Got home late, saw nice bed of coals, did not even think about it.....just went to bed! This morning got up to the sound of the furnace, fire was going within 30 min.

Better this than to load up, leave the door ajar or leave it wide open and head to bed.

Reactions: DexterDay
Always load the stove before getting loaded. Words to live by.

Reactions: mattjm1017
Loaded stoves don't let friends get loaded... (or something like that???)

Guilty as charged!! Hey Poor Doug, how about you? Pen?

LOL, KC

I ain't drunk I'm just drinking;)

Status
Not open for further replies.