Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Dry Creeks, Averill Park, NY, Tremont Lumber, $272/ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
I'm not bragging about it, just noting what I just paid on my pre-order of 5 tons. Price, and shipping better than Nassau Agway.

I got Gold Infernos there over the winter, they were OK. Mullholland has Barefoots $10 cheaper than Nassau...

Delivery is high for both places though, and I don't know if Mulholland would even make the trip from Greenfield Center to Sand Lake. I'm paying 25 for delivery of it all.
Edit: Actually, they would deliver 5 tons to me for 28.50/ton.

Last edited:
I forget, not everyone has a 7500 lb trailer, or travels all over for work... I never thought of delivery, but 28 a ton seems steep to me? Slaters has Hamers, but his delivery is high, can't blame him though, Im an hour from him...

Having a Trailer hitch/light kit put on my Toyota truck as we speak here..
trailer will be 499.00 from TSC.. 65.00 delivery charges in my neck of the woods.

65.00? No thanks... Add that to a avg tonnage price of 280.00, Id pay the same to burn Propain every month.

Thats why I don't mind paying $15/ton storage fee at Nassau. I don't have to store anything but what I want and can stop by and grab what I need. But thats easy since I only live a few miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.