Dry wall getting to hot in certain spots

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Uortiz414

Mar 12, 2021
Baltic CT
So I recently installed a Jotul Oslo f500 v3 and I have double wall piping and I’m above my tolerances for a corner install, but my concern is my drywall is getting hot like 200 degrees hot but only in a small spot majority of my wall is 100 to 135 degrees is it a concern or should I buy a heat shield?

So I recently installed a Jotul Oslo f500 v3 and I have double wall piping and I’m above my tolerances for a corner install, but my concern is my drywall is getting hot like 200 degrees hot but only in a small spot majority of my wall is 100 to 135 degrees is it a concern or should I buy a heat shield?
Yes 200 is too hot

Reactions: moresnow
Just put a eco fan up and it seems to have dropped the temps but I’m going to invest in a rear heat shield for it
That may help, but our F400 still had the drywall temps around 160º with the Jotul rear heat shield and corner clearances exceeded by several inches. A ventilated wall shield would be more protective for good peace of mind.

Reactions: Osage