DS Energy Max 160 first impressions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DS160

Nov 21, 2023
Western PA
I recently had a DS 160 installed in my home in the basement. I just recently installed the hood they make to go along with it and all I can say is wow does this baby make some serious heat. My home is a conventional two story with each floor being 1330 sqft. The hood has made a night and day difference. My basement is roughly 1800 sqft and I was asking a lot of the 160 to heat the basement and two above floors. With the hood installed this stove will cook us out with temperatures 35 and above. Looking forward to the temps dropping to see what this unit can really do but so far more than pleased.

Can’t really comment on burn time as I have been burning small pieces of firewood blocking in this shoulder season. I will update when temps drop and I start to burn good seasoned cordwood. So far I have mostly been burning the stove with the air shut down as tight as it goes so will have to keep an eye on creasote deposits. Overall super pleased so far with my limited use.

IMG_0774.jpeg IMG_0773.jpeg

What are you burning wood or coal?
Sorry didn’t see the second part, I had a kozy king for about 2 weeks but couldn’t get any kind of burn time out of it, I probably needed to install a barometric damper due to my tall chimney, needless to say DS refunded my money so I can’t fault them there.