DS Energy Max 160

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CZarrow

Dec 13, 2021
Columbus Ohio
I am wanting to heat my 2300 square foot garage / warehouse, it has 16 foot high ceilings (concrete floor & cinder block walls)
& was looking @ the DS 160 Energy Max unit , anyone have any comments, suggestions etc....
any help is appreciated
thanks in advance

I am wanting to heat my 2300 square foot garage / warehouse, it has 16 foot high ceilings (concrete floor & cinder block walls)
& was looking @ the DS 160 Energy Max unit , anyone have any comments, suggestions etc....
any help is appreciated
thanks in advance
You do realize a solid fuel burner isn't allowed by code in any garage in the US right?

Is the space insulated?

The roof is insulated ,its a flat rubber roof w/ a slight pitch & w/ 3 inch foam under the rubber.
& the space is a actual warehouse rather than a regular type garage .

The roof is insulated ,its a flat rubber roof w/ a slight pitch & w/ 3 inch foam under the rubber.
& the space is a actual warehouse rather than a regular type garage .
Ok but are vehicles pulled in? Is there gasoline or other flammable vapors present?

That is a whole lot of cubic feet to heat. Especially if the walls and floor are uninsulated I don't know that any stove is up to the task

My guess would be that space would take twice what the 160 puts out to do the job...unless its well insulated and the indoor temp only needs to be "above 32*F".
Sounds like a better job for a small/medium sized boiler honestly...just hang a water-to-air-HX or two around the place...

Reactions: SpaceBus