Dutchwest Catalytic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillsWS

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2011
U.P. Michigan
I am going to be moving soon and the house has a Dutchwest Catalytic stove. It looks nice, its cast, but needs a good cleaning and I assume a new catalyst. The BK Princess is the only stove I have ever burned. Anyone have experience with the Dutchwest catalytic stoves?

I'm loving mine! It's very easy to use.
How old is the one in the new house? Mine is from '98, I just picked it from craigslist for $100! They go for around $2,000 new.

Attachments

• dutchwest 1.jpg
    dutchwest 1.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 130
About 25 years worth of experience.... Can you post a picture or do you know what the model number is as there were a couple variations of the dutchwest stove ranging from cat to no cat. Do you remember if it had one or two doors on the front of the stove?
Just an FYI wouldn't expect the dutchwest to perform like your BK did.

upaor1037342g_zps59e1aa2f.jpg

Not sure of the age. The fate of the Princess is undeterined, I'd like to take it, but it depends on what I can stick in its place that won't interfere with the sale of the house.

upaor1037342g_zps59e1aa2f.jpg

Not sure of the age. The fate of the Princess is undeterined, I'd like to take it, but it depends on what I can stick in its place that won't interfere with the sale of the house.

Stick the DW in its place! You can always say, " let me get this ugly thing out of your way..."

Status
Not open for further replies.