Dutchwest clearances?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newwoodguy

Oct 4, 2015
Oneonta New York
Long time listener first time caller. So I have always used pellets stoves but after last winter I decided to jump into the swimming pool of wood heat. I watch this page closely and after much though found a Dutchwest stove in good shape for 200 bucks as long as I could move all 650 pounds of it. So I picked it up and found the manual online. It is stove model FA288-2184.http://www.fergusonfireplace.com/2183.pdf This is the manual. So I have it all going but I hit a giant brick wall as far as the wall clearances are concerned on a corner installation. The manual says that with a protected wall surface, Im using one inch airspace behind stone veneer, I center the chimney on the stove flue at 24.25 and that should place the stove in relation to the corner. In practice it does not. As you can see the clearance to the stove from a protected wall is 19? Is the diagram indicating 19inches behind the stove? Im at a loss because I placed the chimney based on the manual center flue number and now I seem to not be able to make the wall clearance to the corner of the stove top? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.