DutchWest Disassembly, Venting Options and Blower Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

paulsbunion

Dec 28, 2021
Monterey County
Hi, I have an older DutchWest 2465 that I would like to add a blower to. I ordered the Fan Kit FK26 which I believe should have everything I need but I have a couple questions.

1. What is the best way to disassemble the exhaust ducting from the stove?

2. I may need to move the stove further away from the wall. The installation manual says it needs 4" of clearance from all walls however it was installed very close on one side. I know additional elbows are generally discouraged but how would you accomplish moving the stove if the exhaust on the wall has to stay where it is? (There is conduit and an electrical panel on the exterior wall that would make moving the exhaust challenging)

Here are some photos of the unit:

Gas Stove 1

Gas Stove 2

Gas Stove 3

Gas Stove 4

If you need further photos or info let me know.

Thanks!